Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lege et lacrima

in a hundred years, who will remember who i am?

tis a shame that no one will.
though i spend a lot of time thinking about it;
what are the real odds that i am remembered?
i honestly don't know, but in a strange way it drives me to do great things...in a strange way it shows me how i am destined to be remembered; the fact that i refuse to accept the impossible and take on inevitability as a jest shows that i dare not be trifled with. Some people spend there whole life thinking about doing something great, and often never achieve anything close. But through time and words and faith and hardship and maybe just a little bit of luck, I know i am destined for greatness. this is something i wrote a while back, and i just re-read it, and was like wow; did i really write this? take a look. its how i feel about myself and certain things in my life.

Nehemiah Bolton.
in a world where so many things are warped and the lies and truths are one in the same, who can you believe in? yourself above all, and above all, believe in yourself. so many things i can say about myself even would be but half truths and relative only to what i think and others believe; for you to experience me is but a journey all on its own. just like with anything,the journey is different for everyone. just like school, love, even life; nehemiah bolton is but a plane of existence one must tread on their own. i am all that i say i am, and i am all that you have heard; nay, yet i am so much more. from the words that i speak to the actions i commit, i can change lives, i can change worlds; i can change your world. broadening the aspects of human thought and understanding, i am so much more than a simple sum of adjectives and nouns, much more than an anthology of past experiences or even the consequences of my own decisions. just as you, i am a person; but just as you, or maybe not, i am destined for greatness. as i talk in similes and complex metaphor, i assure you, i talk and i dream of something more....

i think i am destined for greatness.
i know i am destined for greatness.
i am great.
i am nehemiah bolton.

"Lege et lacrima"
read it and weep.

4 comments:

the*girl*with*no*name said...

I’ll remember you


For your great smile and cheerful ways, I’ll remember you.
For your kind and loving heart, I’ll remember you.
For your big hugs and supportive ways, I’ll remember you.
Nehemiah I'll remember you.

If the whole world has forgotten, I’ll remember you.
When I miss you, I’ll remember you.
When I feel lost and alone, I’ll remember you.
Nehemiah, I’ll remember you.

I’ll see your great smile, and I’ll remember you.
I’ll know your kind and loving heart, and I’ll remember you.
I’ll feel your hugs and remember your supportive words, and I’ll remember you.
Nehemiah, I’ll remember you.

So if the world has forgotten, I’ll make them remember you.
So they can know your kind and loving heart, and remember you.
So they will feel your world famous hugs and hear your words. “I’ll remember you.”
Nehemiah, they’ll remember you too.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Robyn said...

Alas, I am nearly out of time. I am scheduled to leave tomorrow morning and still have packing to do. My apologies for not yet reading this blog post. I am commenting to say that you have been tagged. Check out my most recent post to read more about it.

The Speaker said...

Nemo. Keep writing. I miss you and your posts.