Thursday, February 7, 2008

A fortiori

haha, its only been a week; but i am already bad at this. so i've been really busy, i hope it isn't going to be like this for long, cause i enjoy writing little notes to myself for future reference. anywho, im not going to write you any excuses on why i haven't written in a while. It was David Hume that said "Be a philosopher, yet be still a man;" so i will act accordingly. I haven't forgotten about this, nor will this be the last time that there is a lapse. to live life means to have days full and eventful, and somedays there isn't enough time to write to you. so since it is almost 3 in the morning, i'll leave you with something i decided to write on....(I gave myself a fifteen minute time limit....call it a freewrite with edit.....as long as it fits....)

Memoires

Memories;

That's all i have to go by these days,
As i sit,
Sit and listen through the pouring rain,
For your soft voice,
Hope for your gentle touch;
All i can do is remember.

The days when we were together,
Those feelings i thought were infinite,
Than taken away with such haste.
People ask me do I forget you,
Since you've been away more than a spell now.
Forget?

Because even after all these years,
After many day and countless nights,
After the leaves fall,
And the flowers bloom seven times over,
It is still all I think about.
You.

You.
Always said you would love me always and forever,
And you did.
But we couldn't always be together.
Cause neither you nor i could last forever.
So I sit.

And wait.
If my tears were my stairway,
and my memories a lane,
I'd walk through those gates,
To be with the only one I ever loved;
You.

One day i'll see you again;
Until then,
its nothing more.......

Memories.

"with yet stronger reason"

No comments: