Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Infinitus est numerus stultorum

Acknowledgement
So there are many people in my life who mean a lot to me; a sad soul does not acknowledge those important to him. but few know me for who i really am, few appreciate me for who I really am. Sure two people will love me no matter what(Mother and God), but besides these few individuals, who appreciates this insight that I give? If you have indeed met me in real life, most of you would not expect such an insightful group of sentences from a simpleton such as myself. not so much a simpleton, but someone who is carefree and lives for today. but without further ado, here are the people who do indeed appreciate me; all inspire me, all believe in my potential to do great things. In no particular order...

You know two people in my life understood who I really was from the beginning, two people in my life who are still there for a reason. Not just there; At times i don't know what i would do without them. They are introduced because there is no way that i can put one before the other (i know, i said in no particular order...after this it won't matter.) because they mean the same to me. There was a time in which i thought something different, but all in all it has always been like this. My life didn't really start until i realized who i was and what i wanted to be about, and these people have helped me grow from that time period into the person i am today, and will be there to help mold me into the figure i will be tomorrow. They are the wings that enable me to fly, and my shoulders to lean on in the hardest of times. they know that I am more than a big lovable black guy with the greatest personality who is so much fun to be around(didn't get that from them, so don't take my word for it), they know that all in all i am an individual with a beautiful mind and a big heart who wants love more than anything and above all things. they know my faults, my weaknesses, my shortcomings; yet still accept me despite all these things. Hopefully we can be friends till the days of sitting in rocking chairs and talking about life; hopefully you will be there for me until we ultimately part ways forever.
HJC SLH

I take pride in helping anyone who needs it, but seldom does anyone appreciate it and learn from what i had to say. Even slimmer is the chance that they "pay it forward" and give back what i have given them. It started off like it did with everyone else; but through time it grew into something more. and over an even greater span, i see this person that i admire so much; someone i feel has more potential than even myself. Everyone claims to be wiser than they are, but only fools claim knowledge that they do not possess. Lest I be a fool, I believe that this person be a greater mind than myself. I wish i could spend more time with her, now and when she was always around. Yes, we would have fun and laugh and such, but I would still have someone to talk to when no one else understands the struggles that we each have. Come back to me one day? And always believe in yourself, because for goodness sakes I do.
MDH

Purity is seldom kept after the age of say....five. And since i don't associate with five year olds(that would be kind of creepy), i don't know many people who are still even an eighth pure. But someone i know, despite being older than I, I feel keeps the child in her heart above all else; and believes in true love and a perfect world even though the world deems it not. I have been through a lot, and my views are tainted and I can never believe in things I cannot trust or prove. I believe that darkness does indeed reign, and fools create this famine of knowledge that is prevalent throughout society. But she believes in the good in the hearts of all people, that it will prevail above all else in the end. I have a hard time believing such things, but if anyone can show me the heart and the purity of the child, she is very well capable. It shows me that there is indeed someone out there in the world to fight for.
BLD

The model woman. A strong woman who knows how to be strong yet understand what it means to hurt and feel pain. My friend who i never gave much credit for because i was always being loud and commandeering to those who gave me attention rather than someone i could truly learn from. I even had a crush on her for a while, she is such a beautiful person. I swear this person inspires me more than any other, yet she doesn't even know it. I don't know if she will ever read this; she probably thinks i am hypocritical for saying one thing and doing another. I truly admire you dear. I constantly stalk you(as creepy as it can't be) loll reading your page and your blog because you always have something extraordinary to say. keep in touch please, as you move on in life. and BTW, i still do.
JC

I don't look up to too many men; athletes often have different morals than myself, my father isn't around, and can't find a president that i believe wholeheartedly in. And not too many people have been through the same things that I have, yet have a positive outlook on the world. I talk to J cause no one is realer. He is about the same things I am; though I wont admit it but a few more times before it happens, I am looking for a strong black woman to marry and have kids that will be greater than what I am. He is about getting an education and rising above the hood that America has put us in. He is about walking on the haters shoulders, he is real. He understands that it is commonplace in America for black men to fail, and he understands that it is up to black men like us to succeed. Breaking molds, building bridges, creating a new society for our children and so on to have equal opportunity to succeed. J mulla knows that I am real, he knows what I am about; and even though he knows I like to have my fun and love to do my thing(WGS), he knows I stay on the real cause that’s all I know. To someone who knows me for me, and someone I hope to stand beside when we graduate in 2011.

"Infinite is the number of fools,"
and the number of friends is few.

1 comment:

The Speaker said...

Thank you. I think you are beautiful.